Thursday, June 4, 2009

Home, Home on the Range...


Okay, so our new home is not on the range... but it is in Farmington.

So to fill everyone in, we had an offer in on a short sale in Kaysville. Loved the house, but Mike didn't want to wait any longer to find out if our offer was excepted--this could take months. (And I wanted my husband back) Mike's been communting to SLC for over 3 months now and the 1 hour and 45 minute commute was taking him away from me.

So we went looking for homes again in Lehi and that was just too far away...sorry Jeff and Kelli. We hadn't looked in Farmington for a few months becuase it was just a little too expensive, but I decided to check again and there it was...a brand new home for a great price!

Well, Mike stepped into the garage and said let's buy it. I opted to see the rest of the house first because that Kaysville house had everything (well almost) that I ever wanted and lots of toys for the kids in the backyard.

Mike was sold on the house but it tool me a while to be convinced...like I'm still not completely! Reason being we have to finish another yard and we are the first house done in the neighborhood. So no instant friends for Ashley...which was my #1 priority in my house hunt.
Okay enough of the drama of making the decision to buy...we liked the 3 week move in date. So we did it...here it is

Kitchen and dining area. Oh and that HUGE pantry!!


This is the laundry/craft room. It's 12 x 15 and was suppose to be all vinyl. I opted to do only a portion vinyl bacuase it echoed so much, plus, it could be a toy room, office, even a guest room...since no one ever visits us, I figured sleeping with the washer and dryer wouldn't be so bad. Who knows what we will make it!!
Master Bedroom and Bath


MY closet!
Living Room...not quite the entry I wanted, but you can't get everything you want..blah blah blah.
Family Room


There are 4 bedrooms (each with a walk in closet) plus the craft room. 2.5 baths on almost .3 acre. We will be living less than 1/2 a mile from Ashley's school and although our neighborhood is new, there are many finished neighborhoods around us. Church building is only 3 backyards away from us, just like here in Logan. There will be a neighborhood park, but I can't see it from my front window. I will miss that the most!!
So we are moving on the 20th unless something major goes wrong.

3 comments:

Andersons said...

Yay Debs!! It's gorgeous!! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to visit.

Now the most important question...how many miles from a Baskins??

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

Debrah, I love the house. I am so excited for you guys! We'll have to keep in contact! We'll miss you. And congrats on the other GOOD NEWS!!

Andersons said...

So, will you be all moved in by August? I want to come see it for myself!